As part of our mission, to ‘Learn’, ‘Grow’, and ‘Share’, Smart Farm is happy to host field trips for neighboring schools.
Our Learning Center has its own curriculum, complete with lessons on composting and soil, how a seed grows into a nutritious food, and room dedicated to honeybees with a see-through hive for youth to see the bees at work! We also have a small aquaponics setup to teach about nutrient cycling, and of course, youth will spend time helping and exploring in the gardens.
- To request a field trip, please fill out our Field Trip Request Form
- Field trips are weather permitting and we will do our best to reschedule if necessary
- Upon receiving your registration form, we will reach out to you to confirm the details and provide an invoice
- Payment for field trips is due at least 1 week in advance
- Please be advised, that we are a working farm with a small team, and won’t be able to accommodate all requests.
Field Trip Info
- Tuesday and Fridays (May-Oct)
- Field trip/tour reservations are for 1hr 30 min (may change depending on season/weather)
- Please indicate if you would like additional time at the end for bring-along lunches in your registration form submission. There will be an additional charge of $25 for this.
- All ages welcome, middle school and grade school youth must be accompanied by a leader: 10 youth/leader
- Min 10 people, Max 30 people, with minimum of $100
- $100 for 10-15 people
- $200 for 16-30 people
(may be waived when appropriate)
What to expect and bring:
- Reusable water bottle is a must
- Please make sure everyone is prepared for the weather and dressed appropriately
- Closed-toed shoes are a must
- Hats are recommended
- Sunscreen and bug spray are recommended